|REPRESENT: Jessy Dimen
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF NASSAU COUNTY, Hempstead, NY, 2009–2012
Creative Art Therapist
• Created the Art Therapy program with a main objective of facilitating the therapeutic process,
conducted Art Therapy groups including:
- Art Therapy And Women's Health Issues
- Art Therapy As A Relaxation Tool
- Watercolor And Mediation
- Art Therapy And the Creative Connection.
• Implemented and conducted psychotherapy groups such as Wellness Self Management,
Women's Issues in Recovery, Dual Diagnosis, Coping Skills and Anger Management Groups.
• Provided individual Art Therapy and Psychotherapy sessions for clients in specialized populations
such as HIV and Domestically Abused Women.
• Provided crises intervention during emergencies.
• Managed the intake process, conduction assessment evaluations and charting.
PENINSULA COUNSELING CENTER - THE MEETING CENTER, Woodmere, NY, 2008-2009
• Created and designed a Drop–In Groups for adults with mental disorders.
• Oversaw Recreational Program For Mentally Ill Adults.
• Facilitated groups using Art Therapy and Psychotherapy including: communication, expression of
emotions, physical and cognitive skills, self–awareness and personal growth.
PENNINSULA COUNSELING CENTER - GATEWAY CONTINUING DAY TREATMENT PROGRAM, 1996–2007
• Created an Art Therapy Program that included a sculpture and ceramics.
• Created and Implemented Gateway Gazette Magazine a quarterly publication – with as much as
50 pages – produced by clients which consisted of writing, illustrating, typing,
page layout and final layout.
• Provided crises intervention during an emergency.
• Conducted therapy groups for dual diagnosis clients.
• Conducted individual Art Therapy and Psychotherapy sessions.
• Managed intake and discharge and charting for caseload.
ROCKAWAY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES - CATHOLIC CHARITIES BROOKLYN & QUEENS, 1994-1996
Art Therapy Intern (Out-Patient)
• Conducted Individual Sessions with children and adolescents with mental disorders.
• Utilized Play Therapy As Well As Art Therapy.
NORTH SHORE LIJ - SCHNEIDER'S CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL, New Hyde Park, NY, 1994-1996
Art Therapy Intern
• Individual and Group Art-Therapy Sessions for children and adolescents
with mental and medical disorders
• Charting for caseload.
• Masters of Art, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, The School Of The Museum of Fine Arts Boston with a dual
major in art education at Tufts University.
• Associates Degree Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY