Connect With Melissa Wolf on LinkedIN
Award winning fine arts administrator. Coordinated and juried over seventy exhibitions.
Extensive experience in graphic design, marketing, writing, editing and art history.
THE ARTISTS OBJECTIVE – Director, 2008 - Present
Helping artists find solutions for success through Coaching, Classes and Website Design
THE VIRTUAL ARTIST - Director, www.theartistobjective.com/gallery/index.html, 2010 -Present
Showcasing carefully selected art in an innovative gallery setting.
• Coordinating exhibitions, designing, planning and execution.
• Represent, an annual selection of eight artists for comprehensive presentation.
• Recruiting noted artists and art professionals to select the work for exhibitions.
• Marketing and PR, including managing social media and writing press releases,
liaison with artists, media and the public.
WOMEN'S STUDIO CENTER – Founder, President and Executive Director , Long Island City, NY., 1998-2007
Created and managed a non-profit organization that rented studio space to artists, offered classes
and seminars for visual artists and writers, exhibitions and literary readings.
• Recruited and managed a staff of 40 people including top level instructors, board members, committee members and volunteers.
• Coordinated exhibitions, planned and executed display of art, wrote prospectuses, prepared incoming
and outgoing work for transportation, marketing and public relations.
• Directed organizational expansion from an 835 to a 2,500 square foot space.
• Designed and oversaw the construction of five studios and two classrooms.
• Created and Implemented Élan Awards, a fundraising event held at the National Arts Club, New York, NY.
Honorees included Miriam Schapiro, Marilyn Hacker, Nancy Azara and Joan Arbeiter.
• Designed and Implemented Membership program for individual and corporate members.
• Taught a weekly painting workshop and classes in the business of art.
ARTISTS STUDIO CENTER INC. – Studio Manager, New York, NY, 1995-1998
A Fine Arts Studio offering studio space and services to artists.
• Assisted with exhibitions, prepared, packed, arranged transport and display of art.
• Assisted in the preparation of work for display including framing art and mounting sculpture.
• Daily support and operations including preparing studios for incoming artists, building
and repairs, reception, critiques and managing life sessions.
• Worked closely with artists on projects in a wide variety of mediums.
• Juror, Unsolicited Proposal Program, Apexart, New York, NY.
• Grants Panelist for Queens Council on the Arts, Astoria, NY.
AWARDS AND MEDIA
•New York 1 News,Long Island City, Queens, is a new Haven for Artists by Stephanie Simon.
• Crain's New York Business,The Art of Success by Cara S. Trager.
• Newsday,Queens Profile by Sheila McKenna.
• Certificate in Arts Administration, New York University, New York, NY.
• Graduate Work in Graphic Design, Advertising and Art Education, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, Long Island University, Southampton, NY.
email@example.com Site Mapbbbbbbbbbb 917-757-9468bbOffice Hours: 1-9pm Tuesday-Friday